Gallin Farmstay Menu
Breakfast – included in the tariff
Breakfast includes home-made muesli, yoghurt, a selection of home-made breads (white, wholemeal or seeds), mini croissants, home-made jams and honey from local beehives.
For a cooked breakfast, there are farm fresh eggs and locally produced bacon and sausages.
Evening meals – 24 hours notice required
May be designed around guest preferences (if known) and can include 2 or 3 courses with a glass of wine and tea or coffee after dinner. Additional alcohol is BYO.
Full Evening Menu description
First Plate may include focaccia bread;an antipasto platter, hummus, orzo with feta and mint, freshly made spaghetti with tomato sauce, Thai fish cakes with hot chilli sauce, mini whitebait fritters.
Main Plate served with vegetables or a green salad. Examples are:
- Daube de boeuf – beef marinated in red wine and slow cooked
- Thai beef with coconut rice
- Angus Eye fillet steaks with bernaise sauce and roasted potatoes
- Moroccan lamb – slow roasted with couscous
- Chicken or beef massaman curry with rice
- Duck and prosciutto ragu pasta bake
- Roasted chicken with apples and tarragon
- Fish or salmon – if available
Vegetarian dishes examples:
- Pasta dishes
- Roasted vegetable salads
- Vegetable curries
- Tarte Fine aux Pommes
- Chocolate soufflé puddings
- Limoncello mousse
- Apple and blueberry clafoutis
- Cheeseboard – selection of NZ cheeses
Additional options are:
- Delicious soups and freshly baked bread
- Mussel and zucchini fritters with tartare sauce
- Fish cakes with caper mayonnaise
- Roasted sausages with caramelised onions and potato mash
- Gluten (wheat) and/or dairy free options available on request.
- I make spelt bread when requested.
- Please advise if you have allergies to any foods or nuts.