Gallin Farmstay Menu
Breakfast – included in the tariff
Breakfast includes home-made muesli, yoghurt, a selection of home-made breads (white, wholemeal or rolls), mini croissants, home-made jams and honey from local beehives.
The usual cooked breakfast includes fresh farm eggs and locally sourced bacon and sausages. A continental breakfast of German sausage and cheese with fresh bread rolls available with 24 hours notice.
Evening meals – 24 hours notice required
Fresh produce is sourced from the large vegetable garden and orchard whenever possible.
TWO COURSE MEAL – $35 per person – both guests to choose the same dish.
- Tagiatelle with creamy onions & vegetables topped with pangrattato (roasted crumbs with pine nuts, garlic & chilli) served with fresh bread and green salad
- Thai crispy beef with coconut rice served with pan fried roti
Dessert – is a dessert from the full Evening Menu
TWO COURSE MEAL with MAIN (same for both guests) chosen from the THREE COURSE MENU – $48 per person
THREE COURSE MEAL – this is a set menu for two – both guests need to choose the same starter & main but several desserts may be available – $60 per person.
Tea or coffee after dinner. Alcohol is BYO.
Full Evening Menu description
New garlic is almost ready to be harvested. The first of this season’s fruit is ripening on the trees – probably ready in early January if the birds don’t get there first – plums, peaches, apricots, apples and quinces.
- Pea & mint hummus with dukah and drizzled with olive oil – served with grilled focaccia
- Duck risotto croquettes with pea puree & sour plum chutney
- Prawn cocktail
- Gujongs – strips of crumbed & deep fried Pollock with garlic aioli & lemon wedges
- Chicken liver parfait with walnut and caper salsa accompanied by grilled focaccia
- Angus eye fillet with Bernaise sauce and tempura onions – served with crispy potatoes and greens
- Triple fried chicken – super crunchy chicken pieces served with pickled vegetables and wilted greens
- Slow roasted pork belly – with crunchy crackling and apples, served with roasted potatoes and salad
- Lamb rack with rosemary and garlic – served with roasted lemon potatoes
- Teriyaki salmon on steamed rice with wilted greens
- Roasted duck breast with carrot & parsnip cakes & French Forest mushroom sauce
- Wild venison steaks with whiskey & mustard sauce served with dauphine potatoes and greens
- Crispy fish coated with parmesan crumb, panfried with bananas and almonds
- Chocolate truffle cake – rich & decadent served with ‘house’ vanilla ice-cream and fresh berries
- Ginger cake with fruit compote, salted caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream
- Lemon souffle (cold) with limoncello ice-cream and fresh strawberries
- Chocolate mousse – very rich on amaretto crumb with ‘house’ vanilla ice-cream and raspberry coulis
- Opera Cake – almond cake soaked in potent coffee syrup and layered with coffee creme and chocolate ganache – topped with chocolate glaze
- Double Strawberry Sundae – rich strawberry ice-cream layered with strawberry sorbet, fresh berries and whipped cream
Please let me know if you have any special likes or dislikes, including any particular vegetables or fruits that you don’t like.
Vegetarian or vegan dishes available on request
Please advise if you have any allergies to any foods or nuts
- Gluten (wheat) and/or dairy free options available on request.
- I make spelt bread when requested.
- Please advise if you have allergies to any foods or nuts.