Gallin Farmstay Menu
Breakfast – included in the tariff
Breakfast includes home-made muesli, yoghurt, a selection of home-made breads (white, wholemeal or rolls), mini croissants, home-made jams and honey from local beehives.
The usual cooked breakfast includes fresh farm eggs and locally sourced bacon and sausages. A continental breakfast of German sausage and cheese with fresh bread rolls available with 24 hours notice.
Evening meals – 24 hours notice required
Available from the garden at present (January) are tomatoes, lettuces, cucumbers, zucchini and beautiful green beans plus fruit from the orchard
Two course meal – $35 per person.
Main – creamy pasta with prawns/salmon/chicken or singapore noodles + dessert – chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream
Three course meal from dinner menu provided or designed around guest preferences – $55 per person. Tea or coffee after dinner. Alcohol is BYO.
Full Evening Menu description
First Plates —
- Mezze – hummus, falafel and olives with flatbreads or grilled focaccia;
- Chicken liver pate with walnut and caper salsa and grilled focaccia
- Duck risotto balls with sour plum chutney
Main Plate served with fresh vegetables or a green salad from the garden. Some examples are:
- Angus eye fillet steaks with tarragon or red miso butter, or bernaise sauce and crispy potatoes
- Thai beef with coconut rice and pickled vegetables
- Lamb rack with rosemary and pumpkin rosti
- Roasted pork belly with apples and crunchy crackling
- Chicken breasts roasted in cider with apples and tarragon
- Fennel & lemon roasted salmon
- Pan fried fish when available
Vegetarian dishes available on request
- Chocolate mousse with vanilla ice-cream
- Lemon tart with berries
- Lemon yoghurt cake drizzled with limoncello syrup & vanilla icecream
- Catalan creme brulee
- Goreng Pisang (Deep-fried bananas) with coconut ice-cream
- Gluten (wheat) and/or dairy free options available on request.
- I make spelt bread when requested.
- Please advise if you have allergies to any foods or nuts.