Gallin Farmstay Menu
Breakfast – included in the tariff
Breakfast includes home-made muesli, yoghurt, a selection of home-made breads (white, wholemeal or rolls), mini croissants, home-made jams and honey from local beehives.
The usual cooked breakfast includes fresh farm eggs and locally sourced bacon and sausages. A continental breakfast of German sausage and cheese with fresh bread rolls available with 24 hours notice.
Evening meals – 24 hours notice required
Fresh produce is sourced from the large vegetable garden and orchard whenever possible.
TWO COURSE MEAL – $35 per person.
Main – creamy pasta with prawns or chicken served with foccacia and a green salad OR
Singapore noodles with chicken or prawns and vegetables served with roti
Dessert – chocolate truffle cake with vanilla ice cream OR lemon yoghurt cake with limoncello drizzle
THREE COURSE MEAL – set menu for two – $55 per person. Tea or coffee after dinner. Alcohol is BYO.
After a recent holiday in Japan, I have added a Japanese option – see full menu options.
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL MENU – Slow Roasted lamb with new potatoes and roasted vegetables or Roasted Duck Breasts with dumplings
Enquire for details
Full Evening Menu description
First Plates —
- Pea & mint hummus with dukkah & virgin olive oil – served with flatbreads or grilled focaccia;
- Orzo pasta with feta, lemon, parmesan and mint – light and delicious
- Duck risotto balls served with sour plum chutney
Main Plate served with fresh vegetables or a green salad from the garden. Sample dishes are:
- Angus eye fillet steaks with crispy french cut potatoes served with red wine jus
- Angus eye fillet steaks with red miso butter and onigiri (small mounds of buttered furikake rice)
- Pistachio and rosemary crusted lamb rack with pommes dauphine
- Pork belly braised in milk on a bed of apples and onions with crunchy crackling
- Balinese spiced pork belly served with jasmine rice and fresh sambal
- Fresh pan fried or beer battered fish when available
- Wasabi peanuts and assorted nibbles
- Tonkatsu – deep fried panko crumbed pork fillets with tonkatsu sauce, served with cabbage salad, pickled vegetables and furikake rice
Vegetarian dishes available on request
- Chocolate truffle cake (rich & decadent) topped with hazelnut crumble, raspberry coulis and vanilla ice cream
- Limoncello mousse topped with roasted almonds
- Affogato – condensed milk ice cream (smooth & yummy) with a shot of espresso and coffee liqueur and amaretto bisuits
- Smashed mini pavlovas
- Strawberries from the garden
- Gluten (wheat) and/or dairy free options available on request.
- I make spelt bread when requested.
- Please advise if you have allergies to any foods or nuts.