Gallin Farmstay Menu
Breakfast – included in the tariff
Breakfast includes home-made muesli, yoghurt, a selection of home-made breads (white, wholemeal or rolls), mini croissants, home-made jams and honey from local beehives.
The usual cooked breakfast includes fresh farm eggs and locally sourced bacon and sausages. A continental breakfast of German sausage and cheese with fresh bread rolls available with 24 hours notice.
Evening meals – 24 hours notice required
Available from the garden at present (January) are tomatoes, lettuces, cucumbers, zucchini and beautiful green beans plus fruit from the orchard
Two course meal – $35 per person.
Main – creamy pasta with prawns/salmon/chicken or singapore noodles + dessert – chocolate brownie or lemon yoghurt cake with limoncello drizzle
Three course meal from dinner menu provided or designed around guest preferences – $55 per person. Tea or coffee after dinner. Alcohol is BYO.
Full Evening Menu description
First Plates —
- Mezze – hummus, falafel and olives with flatbreads or grilled focaccia;
- Chicken liver pate with walnut and caper salsa and grilled focaccia
- Duck risotto balls with sour plum chutney
- Pan-fried roti with fragrant green curry sauce
Main Plate served with fresh vegetables or a green salad from the garden. Some examples are:
- Pepper steak – Angus eye fillet with peppercorn, cream & brandy sauce and pommes dauphin
- Thai beef salad with coconut rice and pickled vegetables
- Lamb rack with rosemary and crispy roasted potatoes
- Pork belly roasted on apples and onions with crunchy crackling
- Chicken breasts roasted in cider with apples and tarragon
- Indian spiced salmon with lime raita and coconut rice
- Fresh pan fried fish when available
Vegetarian dishes available on request
- Chocolate truffle cake served with vanilla ice-cream
- Lemon tart with fresh berries and cream
- Lemon yoghurt cake drizzled with limoncello syrup & vanilla icecream
- Berry and rhubarb crumbles (individual puddings) with whipped cream or ice cream
- Plum and lemon cheesecake pots
- Gluten (wheat) and/or dairy free options available on request.
- I make spelt bread when requested.
- Please advise if you have allergies to any foods or nuts.