Gallin Farmstay Menu
Breakfast – included in the tariff
Breakfast includes home-made muesli, yoghurt, a selection of home-made breads (white, wholemeal or rolls), mini croissants, home-made jams and honey from local beehives.
The usual cooked breakfast includes fresh farm eggs and locally sourced bacon and sausages. A continental breakfast of German sausage and cheese with fresh bread rolls available with 24 hours notice.
Evening meals – 24 hours notice required
Fresh produce is sourced from the large vegetable garden and orchard whenever possible.
TWO COURSE MEAL – $35 per person – both guests to choose the same dish.
- Tagiatelle with creamy onions & vegetables topped with pangrattato (roasted crumbs with pine nuts, garlic & chilli) served with fresh bread and green salad
- Thai crispy beef with coconut rice served with pan fried roti
Dessert – is a dessert from the full Evening Menu
TWO COURSE MEAL with MAIN (same for both guests) chosen from the THREE COURSE MENU – $48 per person
THREE COURSE MEAL – this is a set menu for two – both guests need to choose the same starter & main but several desserts may be available – $60 per person.
Tea or coffee after dinner. Alcohol is BYO.
Full Evening Menu description
AUTUMN 2021 – inspired by the Mediterranean
Ripe fruit on the trees and tomatoes in the vegetable garden.
- Pea & mint hummus with dukah and drizzled with olive oil – served with grilled focaccia
- Duck risotto croquettes with pea puree & sour plum chutney
- Cheramoula prawns
- Chicken liver parfait with walnut and caper salsa accompanied by grilled focaccia
- Angus eye fillet steak with fresh tomato chermoula – served with crispy lemon potatoes and greens
- Pork belly – slow roasted in cider with crunchy crackling, apples, roasted potatoes and wilted greens
- Spice coated lamb racks with yoghurt rice and date chutney
- Dukkah crusted chicken breasts with perfumed pumpkin puree
- Anise and paprika marinated salmon with cracked wheat salad
- Chocolate truffle cake – rich & decadent served with ‘house’ vanilla ice-cream and fresh berries
- Ginger cake with fruit compote, salted caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream
- Lemon posset with lemon wafers
- Affogato – rich vanilla ice-cream with espresso coffee and Amaretto
Please let me know if you have any special likes or dislikes, including any particular vegetables or fruits that you don’t like.
Vegetarian or vegan dishes available on request
Please advise if you have any allergies to any foods or nuts
- Gluten (wheat) and/or dairy free options available on request.
- I make spelt bread when requested.
- Please advise if you have allergies to any foods or nuts.