Gallin Farmstay Menu
Breakfast – included in the tariff
Breakfast includes home-made muesli, yoghurt, a selection of home-made breads (white, wholemeal or rolls), mini croissants, home-made jams and honey from local beehives.
The usual cooked breakfast includes fresh farm eggs and locally sourced bacon and sausages. A continental breakfast of German sausage and cheese with fresh bread rolls available with 24 hours notice.
Sunday Lunches – make it a day out. By arrangement depending on B & B bookings.
Try the delicious platters on offer to complement your alpaca farm tour. Minimum of 4 people – maximum of 10. Platters are $60 and feed 2 people very well. Tea & coffee included.
Alpaca farm tour – additional $30 per adult
Evening meals – 24 hours notice required
Fresh produce is sourced from the large vegetable garden and orchard whenever possible.
OPTION 1 – CASUAL TWO COURSE MEAL – $40 per person – both guests to choose the same dish.
- Tagiatelle with creamy onions & vegetables topped with pangrattato (roasted crumbs with pine nuts, garlic & chilli) served with fresh bread and green salad
- Noodles – delicious Asian flavours with vegetables and chicken or prawns served with pan fried roti
Dessert – is a dessert from the full Evening Menu
OPTION 2 – TWO COURSES selected from Full Evening Menu (same for both guests) – $50 per person
OPTION 3 – THREE COURSES selected from Full Evening Menu – this is a set menu for two – both guests need to choose the same starter & main but several desserts may be available – $65 per person.
Tea or coffee after dinner.
Alcohol is BYO.
Full Evening Menu description
- Pea & mint hummus with dukah and drizzled with olive oil – served with grilled focaccia (DF) or flatbreads (GF)
- Duck & mushroom croquettes served on a pea puree with sour plum chutney
- Chermoula prawns – marinated with spices and pan fried
- Chicken liver parfait with walnut and caper salsa accompanied by grilled focaccia (DF) or flatbreads (GF) made with chickpea flour
- Angus eye fillet steak with tempura onions and bearnaise sauce – served with crispy lemon potatoes and greens
- Wild venison steaks with whiskey & mustard sauce served with dauphine potatoes and greens
- Pork belly – slow roasted in cider with crunchy crackling, apples, roasted potatoes and wilted greens (GF) & (DF)
- Tagine of lamb with prunes, apricots and ras el hanout – delicious slow cooked lamb rumps with moroccan spices served with couscous and greens (DF) and can be (GF)
- Dukkah crusted chicken breasts with perfumed pumpkin puree
- Teriyaki salmon – lightly marinated salmon with steamed rice and wilted greens (GF) and (DF)
- Chocolate truffle cake – rich & decadent served with ‘house’ vanilla ice-cream
- Ginger cake with fruit compote, salted caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream
- Rich dark chocolate mousse on amaretto crumb with raspberry coulis and ‘house’ vanilla ice cream
- Raspberry & polenta cake with raspberry coulis and ‘house’ vanilla ice-cream or coconut ice-cream (DF)
- Affogato – rich vanilla ice-cream with espresso coffee and a glass of Amaretto (GF)
Please let me know if you have any special likes or dislikes, including any particular vegetables or fruits that you don’t like.
Vegetarian or vegan dishes available on request
Please advise if you have any allergies to any foods or nuts
- Gluten (wheat) and/or dairy free options available on request.
- I make spelt bread when requested.
- Please advise if you have allergies to any foods or nuts.