Gallin Farmstay Menu
Breakfast – included in the tariff
Breakfast includes home-made muesli, yoghurt, a selection of home-made breads (white, wholemeal or rolls), mini croissants, home-made jams and honey from local beehives.
The usual cooked breakfast includes fresh farm eggs and locally sourced bacon and sausages. A continental breakfast of German sausage and cheese with fresh bread rolls available with 24 hours notice.
Evening meals – 24 hours notice required
Fresh produce is sourced from the large vegetable garden and orchard whenever possible.
TWO COURSE MEAL – $35 per person.
Main – creamy pasta with prawns or salmon OR Singapore noodles with chicken or prawns and vegetables
Dessert – chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream OR lemon yoghurt cake with limoncello drizzle
THREE COURSE MEAL – choose from the dinner menu provided – $55 per person. Tea or coffee after dinner. Alcohol is BYO.
Full Evening Menu description
First Plates —
- Mezze – hummus, falafel and olives with flatbreads or grilled focaccia;
- Chicken liver pate with walnut and caper salsa with grilled focaccia
- Duck risotto arancini served with sour plum chutney
- Pan-fried roti with fragrant green curry sauce
Main Plate served with fresh vegetables or a green salad from the garden. Sample dishes are:
- Angus eye fillet steaks with red wine & mushroom sauce served with tempura onions and pommes dauphin
- Boeuf Daube – delicious beef marinated in red wine (needs 36 hours notice)
- Moroccan lamb on fragrant rice with currants, tomatoes and pine nuts
- Pork belly braised in milk on a bed of apples and onions with crunchy crackling
- Balinese spiced pork belly served with jasmine rice and fresh sambal
- Indian spiced salmon with lime raita and coconut rice
- Fresh pan fried fish when available
Vegetarian dishes available on request
- Chocolate truffle cake topped with hazelnut crumble, raspberry coulis and vanilla ice cream
- Berry and rhubarb crumbles (individual puddings) with whipped cream or ice cream
- Affogato – condensed milk ice cream with a shot of espresso and coffee liqueur and amaretto bisuits
- Chocolate souffle puddings with gooey chocolate centres served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- Gluten (wheat) and/or dairy free options available on request.
- I make spelt bread when requested.
- Please advise if you have allergies to any foods or nuts.