Gallin Farmstay Menu
Breakfast – included in the tariff
Breakfast includes home-made muesli, yoghurt, a selection of home-made breads (white, wholemeal or rolls), mini croissants, home-made jams and honey from local beehives.
The usual cooked breakfast includes fresh farm eggs and locally sourced bacon and sausages. A continental breakfast of German sausage and cheese with fresh bread rolls available with 24 hours notice.
Evening meals – 24 hours notice required
Fresh produce is sourced from the large vegetable garden and orchard whenever possible.
TWO COURSE MEAL – $35 per person – both guests to choose the same dish.
Pasta served with fresh bread & a green salad
- Fettucine – creamy sauce with prawns or chicken and mushrooms served with focaccia and green salad
- Tagiatelle with creamy onions & vegetables topped with pangrattato (roasted crumbs with pine nuts, garlic & chilli)
- Pappardelle topped with braised beef ragu & gremolata (fresh lemony herbs)
- Singapore noodles – delicious Asian flavours – fresh noodles with vegetables and chicken or prawns served with pan fried roti
Dessert – is a dessert from the full Evening Menu.
THREE COURSE MEAL – this is a set menu for two – both guests need to choose the same dishes – $60 per person.
Tea or coffee after dinner. Alcohol is BYO.
Full Evening Menu description
- Duck risotto balls served on a pea puree with sour plum chutney
- Pea & mint hummus topped with dukah and drizzled with olive oil served with grilled focaccia
- Spinach, pea and pesto soup topped with sour cream and served with grilled focaccia
- Chicken liver paté with walnut and caper salsa
- Olive oil tasting plate – 3 local olive oils with fresh bread, cornichons and marinated olives
MAINS served with vegetables or a green salad
- Angus eye fillet – grass fed aged NZ Angus beef – topped with red miso butter and served with hot buttered onigiri (soy and buttered toasted rice balls), pickled vegetables and steamed greens
- Angus eye fillet with red wine sauce and tempura onions – served with pommes dauphine
- Feta and harissa roasted whole split chicken – smooth and tangy flavours of the Middle East
- Pork belly – braised in milk with crunchy crackling
- Tonkatsu – delicious crumbed pork fillet with Tonkatsu sauce, pickled vegetables & salad with Japanese mayonnaise
- Lamb rack with rosemary and garlic – served with roasted lemon potatoes
- Indian spiced salmon with raita and coconut rice
- Pan fried white fish with borlotti beans and capers (need 36 hours notice to order fish)
- Chocolate truffle cake – rich & decadent topped with hazelnut crumble & raspberry coulis
- Lemon and coconut puddings with fresh berries and whipped cream
- Ginger cake with salted caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate mousse – absolutely the best you’ve tasted
- Deconstructed pavlova with fresh summer berries
- Affogato – special ‘house’ ice cream (smooth & yummy) with shot of espresso or coffee liqueur & served with amaretto biscuits
- ‘Current in-house’ ice-creams to try
- rhubarb & strawberry
- coconut & lemongrass
- coconut & lychee granita
- chocolate sorbet
Please let me know if you have any special likes or dislikes, including any particular vegetables or fruits that you don’t like.
Vegetarian or vegan dishes available on request
Desserts are served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- Gluten (wheat) and/or dairy free options available on request.
- I make spelt bread when requested.
- Please advise if you have allergies to any foods or nuts.