Gallin Farmstay Menu
Breakfast – included in the tariff
Breakfast includes home-made muesli, yoghurt, a selection of home-made breads (white, wholemeal or rolls), mini croissants, home-made jams and honey from local beehives.
The usual cooked breakfast includes fresh farm eggs and locally sourced bacon and sausages. A continental breakfast of German sausage and cheese with fresh bread rolls available with 24 hours notice.
Evening meals – 24 hours notice required
Fresh produce is sourced from the large vegetable garden and orchard whenever possible.
TWO COURSE MEAL – $35 per person – both guests to choose the same dish.
- Tagiatelle with creamy onions & vegetables topped with pangrattato (roasted crumbs with pine nuts, garlic & chilli) served with fresh bread and green salad
- Chickpea and cauliflower curry with toasted almonds and house naan
- Singapore noodles – delicious Asian flavours – fresh noodles with vegetables and chicken or prawns served with pan fried roti
Dessert – is a dessert from the full Evening Menu.
TWO COURSE MEAL with MAIN (same for both guests) chosen from the THREE COURSE MENU – $45 per person
THREE COURSE MEAL – this is a set menu for two – both guests need to choose the same dishes – $55 per person.
Tea or coffee after dinner. Alcohol is BYO.
Full Evening Menu description
Still spinach, leeks, lemons and herbs in the garden. New garlic about to be planted. The last of the season’s fruit has been bottled – preserves include plums, peaches, apricots, apples and quinces plus jams, jellies and chutneys – all ready to be incorporated into new dishes for the winter menu.
- Pea & mint hummus with dukah and drizzled with olive oil – served with grilled focaccia
- Carrot, cumin and coriander soup with red lentils and dukah served with house naan
- Onion & cumin bhaji – lovely crispy bits served with yoghurt and chutney
- Duck risotto croquettes with sour plum chutney
- Olive oil tasting plate – 3 local olive oils with fresh bread, cornichons and marinated olives
MAINS served with vegetables or a green salad
- Angus eye fillet – grass fed aged NZ Angus beef – topped with red miso butter and tempura onions served with hot buttered onigiri (soy and buttered toasted rice balls), pickled vegetables and steamed greens
- Angus eye fillet with bernaise sauce and tempura onions – served with crispy potatoes and greens
- Japanese triple fried chicken – super crunchy chicken pieces served with pickled vegetables and wilted greens
- Pork belly – braised in milk with crunchy crackling
- Tonkatsu – delicious crumbed pork fillet with Tonkatsu sauce, pickled vegetables & salad with Japanese mayonnaise
- Lamb rack with rosemary and garlic – served with roasted lemon potatoes
- Indian spiced salmon with raita and coconut rice
- Grilled salmon on braised baby leeks and fennel
- Chocolate souffle puddings – rich & decadent served with whipped cream or house vanilla ice-cream
- Ginger cake with salted caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream
- Lemon & ricotta fritters with lemon and honey sauce and vanilla ice-cream
- Lemon cinnamon cheesecake
- A selection of ‘house’ ice-creams and poached or roasted fruit
Please let me know if you have any special likes or dislikes, including any particular vegetables or fruits that you don’t like.
Vegetarian or vegan dishes available on request
Desserts are served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- Gluten (wheat) and/or dairy free options available on request.
- I make spelt bread when requested.
- Please advise if you have allergies to any foods or nuts.