Gallin Farmstay Menu
Breakfast – included in the tariff
Breakfast includes home-made muesli, yoghurt, a selection of home-made breads (white, wholemeal or rolls), mini croissants, home-made jams and honey from local beehives.
The usual cooked breakfast includes fresh farm eggs and locally sourced bacon and sausages. A continental breakfast of German sausage and cheese with fresh bread rolls available with 24 hours notice.
Evening meals – 24 hours notice required
Fresh produce is sourced from the large vegetable garden and orchard whenever possible.
TWO COURSE MEAL – $35 per person – both guests to choose the same dish.
Main – creamy pasta with prawns or chicken served with foccacia and a green salad OR
Singapore noodles with chicken or prawns and vegetables served with roti
Dessert – choose from the desserts on Full Evening Menu.
THREE COURSE MEAL – this is a set menu for two – both guests need to choose the same dishes – $55 per person.
Tea or coffee after dinner. Alcohol is BYO.
Full Evening Menu description
First Plates —
- Pea & mint hummus with dukkah & virgin olive oil – served with flatbreads or grilled focaccia
- Chicken liver pate with walnut & caper salsa
- Duck risotto balls served on a pea puree with sour plum chutney
Main Plate served with fresh vegetables or a green salad from the garden. Sample dishes are:
- Angus eye fillet steaks with crispy french cut potatoes or pommes dauphine served with red wine jus or bernaise sauce
- Venison – – leg fillet steaks with red wine jus
- Rosemary and garlic lamb rack with pommes dauphine
- Pork belly braised in cider on a bed of apples and onions with crunchy crackling
- Lamb Tagine – lamb slow cooked with fragrant spices and served with couscous
- Fresh pan fried fish with crispy skin & tarragon butter – 36 hours notice please as fish must be ordered in
Vegetarian dishes available on request
- Chocolate truffle cake (rich & decadent) topped with hazelnut crumble, raspberry coulis and vanilla ice cream
- Limoncello mousse topped with roasted almonds
- Affogato – condensed milk ice cream (smooth & yummy) with a shot of espresso and coffee liqueur and amaretto biscuits
- Lemon cheesecake with fresh berries in season
- Gluten (wheat) and/or dairy free options available on request.
- I make spelt bread when requested.
- Please advise if you have allergies to any foods or nuts.