Gallin Farmstay Menu
Breakfast – included in the tariff
Breakfast includes home-made muesli, yoghurt, a selection of home-made breads (white, wholemeal or rolls), mini croissants, home-made jams and honey from local beehives.
The usual cooked breakfast includes fresh farm eggs and locally sourced bacon and sausages. A continental breakfast of German sausage and cheese with fresh bread rolls available with 24 hours notice.
Evening meals – 24 hours notice required
Fresh produce is sourced from the large vegetable garden and orchard whenever possible.
TWO COURSE MEAL – $35 per person – both guests to choose the same dish.
Main – Creamy Pasta with prawns or chicken served with foccacia and a green salad
Singapore noodles with chicken or prawns and vegetables served with roti
Dessert – is a dessert from the full Evening Menu.
THREE COURSE MEAL – this is a set menu for two – both guests need to choose the same dishes – $55 per person.
Tea or coffee after dinner. Alcohol is BYO.
Full Evening Menu description
Select your main course and I will design a menu that takes advantage of the fresh herbs and vegetables in the garden – includes a ‘starter’ and dessert that complement your main dish plus a lemon sorbet to refresh the palate before the main course.
My desserts may use fresh fruit from the orchard when in season or fruits that are preserved or bottled.
Please choose from the following:
- Angus eye fillet steak – grass fed aged NZ Angus beef – with bernaise sauce or red miso butter
- Boeuf Daube – marinated and slow cooked beef (36 hours notice)
- Lamb rack with rosemary
- Roasted leg of lamb with moroccan spices –preferably 36 hours notice
- Pork belly – braised in milk with crunchy crackling
- Duck ragu with creamy polenta
- Indian spiced salmon with lime raita and coconut rice
Please let me know if you have any special likes or dislikes, including any particular vegetables or fruits that you don’t like.
Vegetarian dishes available on request
Desserts are served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
There will usually be 2 desserts that you can choose from.
- Gluten (wheat) and/or dairy free options available on request.
- I make spelt bread when requested.
- Please advise if you have allergies to any foods or nuts.